Dreamweaver Training Essentials
You will discover that Dreamweaver is not just limited to building web pages. We will show you how to harness the power of Dreamweaver to design promotion materials such as internet ads, newsletters, email templates with a unique look-and-feel.
At the end of your Dreamweaver CS6 training you will be able to publish your web site and create web documents without the need to learn HTML.
Learn how to optimize images to increase your web pages download speed, insert videos, embed YouTube videos and add sound players. Our experts will also share some valuable insights to help increase your website ranking in Search Engines organic results.
We also offer a 1 hour FREE consultation to review your very first web design or web maintenance project. We want you to get everything right on your first web project --in other words "we have your back!"
Dreamweaver CS6 Training Schedule
No Scheduled Training Session Found
Dreamweaver CS6 Training Outline
The outline below is just a summary and does not reveal the full content of your Dreamweaver CS6 training program.
Using an existing web site, learn how to setup your Dreamweaver application to download that web site's files from the internet to your computer or local network. Once all the files are in place, you can then open each page to update its content then publish those changes back to the live web site, all from within Dreamweaver.
During this first day, you will learn how to:
- Setup your computer to save your web site files
- Define a new site in Dreamweaver
- Download files using Dreamweaver
- Edit text content of a web page
- Swap images in a web page
- Optimize images for the web using Adobe® Fireworks/Photoshop
- Add new images in a web page
- Add bulleted points or a numbered list of items
- Create text links to other web pages or web sites in the worldwide web
- Use images as links to create buttons
- Use the CSS panel to adjust text settings in a web page
- Create new CSS classes to control the appearance of your web page elements
- Use CSS IDs to control the layout of web page containers
- Use tables to display a grid of data
- Design a contact form
- Check for broken links
- Preview web pages using "Live View" or a web browser
At the end of this first day you will learn how to save all the changes you just made to the live site with just few clicks of a mouse.
A digital artist hands you the graphic design of a new web site created in Photoshop, Fireworks or Adobe® Illustrator. It's now your turn to convert that artwork into a full blown web site. You would start by designing an HTML page then convert into a Dreamweaver template. You will use that template to build subsequent pages in your web site. Sounds straightforward right?
We'll show you all the steps without skimming over the details.
During this second day, you will learn how to:
- Convert a graphic design into a web page layout
- Create web slices in fireworks
- Create a new HTML document
- Use preset Dreamweaver layout templates
- Start your own layout template from scratch
- Build a Dreamweaver template
- Use editable region and library assets
- Build a simple horizontal or vertical web site navigation
- Use Adobe® Spry Widgets
- Learn about CSS positioning: relative, absolute, fixed and static
- Learn about floating HTML containers
- Discover the power of background colors and background images
- Import text from a word document into a web page while keeping the markup clean
- Design visually pleasing web forms
- Use Dreamweaver visual tools
- Explore the Dreamweaver properties inspector more in-depth
- Insert a flash movie in a web page
- Insert a YouTube movie in a web page
- Use imagemaps
- Use Dreamweaver visual aids
- Change Dreamweaver preferences
- Learn more about CSS units
- CSS typography to have pixel perfect text layout
At the end of this day you and your instructor would have a full blown web site designed from start to finish and ready to be published.
It's now your turn to show off what you have learned the previous 2 days. You will be given a graphic design to convert into a 5 pages web site: Home, About Us, Services, F.A.Q and Contact pages.
Your instructor will be on standby to answer any technical question you may have regarding your Dreamweaver project. All you have to do is share your screen for the instructor to provide assistance.
The last 2 hours of the day will be reserved for your web site optimization for Search Engines.
You will learn about:
- Choosing the right target keywords for your web pages
- Which free tools to use for keywords research
- How to structure your pages content for SEO
- Adding meta tags in your web pages
- The importance of a page title
- What role page headings (h1, h2,...,h6) play in SEO
- Alt text and anchor text in SEO
- How to make sure your web site is found by Google & Bing in 24 hours or less
- Steps to help increase your web site ranking
Training Content »